21 April 2011

OK. I Am Officially Excited

On this blog, I've lambasted Jack Layton, Michael Ignatieff, Stephen Harper, Elizabeth May... The only leader of a Canadian federal party I haven't targeted with slings and arrows is Gilles Duceppe and that's only because his party isn't a national one.

Some would say I've been particularly hard on Layton. Until Ignatieff came onto the Canadian political scene, they were likely correct. I went especially hard on Layton because I had so much higher expectations of him and his party.

So knock me down with a feather when along comes a new Layton, who seems to have been invigorated and renewed after recent health challenges. It's as though he acquired a fresh determination "to get things done."

Now...

Might this NDP surge go so far as to deliver one Jack Layton as Leader of the Official Opposition?

Oh..., Please..., Yes!

Recommend this post