I find her response helpful but it doesn't give examples of how much protein our food contains. So I have compiled a short list.
The Recommended Daily Amount for protein lists 46 grams for women and 56 for men.*
So what does that equate to in food intake?
- Tofu (3.5 oz. bean curd), 7.8 g
- A can of beans (without the pig meat), 15.8 g
- One cup of cooked lentils, 15.6 g
- One quarter cup raw almonds, 5.3 g
- One quarter cup roasted peanuts, 9.4 g
- One tablespoon of peanut butter, 3.9 g
- One slice of toasted whole wheat bread, 2.4 g
- 1/4 lb. lean ground cow muscle, 23.5 g
- 1/4 lb. chicken's breast, 18.6 g
- 1/4 lb. freshly murdered salmon, 25.5 g
- One scrambled chicken egg, 7.2 g
- One ounce 2% cottage cheese, 31 g
* Information taken from the Nutrition Almanac, compiled by John D Kirschmann, Director of Nutrition Search, Inc.
Recommend this post