20 March 2009

Iggy vs Galloway: Who's the one talking "rubbish"?

In his speech to the US Senate in May 2005, George Galloway said the following:

I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims did not have weapons of mass destruction.

I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to al-Qaeda.

I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to the atrocity on 9/11 2001.

I told the world, contrary to your claims, that the Iraqi people would resist a British and American invasion of their country and that the fall of Baghdad would not be the beginning of the end, but merely the end of the beginning.

Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong and 100,000 people paid with their lives; 1600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies; 15,000 of them wounded, many of them disabled forever on a pack of lies.


Today, Michael Ignatieff made these comments to The Canadian Press.

I have never in a long life of listening to George Galloway heard a single sentence out of his mouth that I believed.... Galloway has said his share of ridiculous and absurd things.... [But] he can come to Canada and talk rubbish all day long, as far as I'm concerned. If there's a security threat, that's another matter.


Which of Galloway's statements quoted above do you not believe, Mr. Ignatieff?


Recommend this post