24 May 2009

I'm Tired

I'm tired of the same old, same old. I'm tired of the endless talk. I'm tired of speaking and not being heard.

The forum/conference Ocean and I attended in Calgary this past week was more of the same. Talk, talk, talk and more talk. When our patience ended we went to the mike together to talk some more, hoping to be heard.

We do not want pity, money, band-aid solutions, more education or low paying jobs. We do not want more conferences, forums, get-togethers with labour leaders, policy makers, stake holders or not-for-profit agencies. Nor do we want more money dumped into sinking-ship social programs.

We want fundamental, positive change to the democratic institutions and processes which run this country.

We want to be invited to the table to enliven debate, to be included in the decision making, to be involved in policy building, to be taken seriously.

Above all, we want action. Now.

Recommend this post